Regional Treasurer Kanggo M. Umal, Al-Haj handing over to a SPES beneficiary student his wage for period of 25 days in check amounting to Three Thousand Four Hundred Eighty Pesos (P3,480.00) in a simple ceremony held at ORT last May 23, 2013.


Cotabato City - The Office of the Regional Treasurer (ORT) – ARMM employed this 2013 summer ten (10) students under the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES), a banner program of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), commonly known as “Summer Job”.  The SPES for summer 2013 is opened to all High School and college students, out-of-school youth, and even dropouts. The said 10 students started their employment work at ORT last April 17, 2013 and ended on May 21, 2013.

On May 23, 2013, the said students expressed their warm gratitude by giving a short message to the Regional Treasurer Kanggo M. Umal, Al-Haj and entire ORT family.  The students thanked the Regional Treasurer for allowing them to work under a conducive and friendly atmosphere organization.  In response, Treasurer Umal said that they were lucky in their time because DOLE had initiated a program that would help deserving students like them to earn income through employment during vacation period.  Treasurer Kanggo expressed gladness the fact that ORT had the privilege of employing said students in support of the DOLE-ARMM SPES program during this summer.

The ORT, as an employer, paid 60% of the students’ wage in check amounting to Three Thousand Four Hundred Eighty Pesos (P3,480.00) each.  The remaining 40% shall be paid by the DOLE - ARMM in the form of educational vouchers.